The original Sketchmatch actually was originated on Twitter by idea of ~eL-HiNO, ~toonfed and ~Tebin-Art and later transfered to deviantArt via dAmn
The rules and way to participate has changed slightly since then but the main rules remain the same; the idea is to create a quick jam, a group of deviations with a theme which is set at the moment by the people currently participating.
The catch is that you only get 10 minutes to do your entry!
Here are a couple of examples:
Yes! Each one of these was created in just 10 minutes!
So how will this work?
- We gather over #CommunityRelations
- The theme will be set at the moment by the participants currently in there. The theme could be literally anything; french maids, steampunk ponies, how would you look if you were a superhero, the most crazy hat you would wear in a wedding, etc.
- When the theme is selected, the game starts and now you have 10 minutes to draw your entry.
- You can use your digital software of preference (or even go traditional and draw on a sheet of paper! then you can scan it) but to keep things simple, why not using Muro? ;)
- After the 10 minutes the game ends. It's now time to post your creation! Even if it's unfinished. You can submit it to Sta.sh (or your main gallery) and post the link in the chat to share with the others.
- Finally we friendly laugh at each other's entries! The idea of this is to have fun and its also a great practice! The time limit really pushes you to be quick, challenges your creativity and lets you know other great artists!
What this is NOT about
- It's not about creating great masterpieces, in fact that's why it's called Sketchmatch, you don't even have to color your entry, you gotta be quick! you only have 10 minutes ;)
- It's not about who draws best; this is NOT a contest, there are no winners or losers, so there are no prizes... but trust me.. it's really fun! (And aditionally, once in a while there *might* be some prizes for grabs!)
- It's not only about great digital artists, everybody is invited! Even if you think you can't draw (in fact that makes the challenge even more fun!) Use stick figures! As long as you make your entry within the 10 minutes, is a go!
So! Who's up for it?
- Keep an eye on this space to know when it's going to be the next session!