The original Sketchmatch saw its origins in Twitter by idea of eL-HiNO, toonfed and Tebin-Art and later transfered to deviantArt via dAmn
The rules and way to participate have changed slightly since then but the main idea remains the same; we gather, we set a theme and then you must make a drawing based on said theme....
The catch is that you only get 10 minutes to do your entry!
Here are a couple of examples:
Yes! Each one of these was created in just 10 minutes!
So how will this work?
- We gather over #CommunityRelations
- The theme will be set at the moment by the participants currently in there. The theme could be literally anything; french maids, steampunk ponies, how would you look if you were a superhero, the most crazy hat you would wear in a wedding, etc.
- When the theme is selected, the game starts and now you have 10 minutes to draw your entry.
- You can use your digital software of preference (or even go traditional and draw on a sheet of paper! then you can scan it) but to keep things simple, why not using Muro? ;)
- After the 10 minutes the game ends. It's now time to post your creation! Even if it's unfinished. You can submit it to Sta.sh (or your main gallery) and post the link in the chat to share with the others.
- Finally we friendly laugh at each other's entries! The idea of this is to have fun and its also a great practice! The time limit really pushes you to be quick, challenges your creativity and lets you know other great artists!
What this is NOT about
- It's not about creating great masterpieces, in fact that's why it's called Sketchmatch, so don't worry if you think you're doing crap, the others are doing crap too! That's what makes the game fun!
- It's not about who draws best; this is NOT a contest, there are no winners or losers, but trust me.. it's really fun! (And aditionally, once in a while there *might* be some surprise prizes for grabs!)
- It's not only about great digital artists, everybody is invited! Even if you think you can't draw. Use stick figures! As long as you make your entry within the 10 minutes, is a go!
So! Who's up for it?
- Next session will be Monday, September 9 at 7:00 PM PDT (click for your local time) At #CommunityRelations